Meet Adam Theesen-Fenton, from HSS Dining
· What is your job?
o Adam is a cook who you might see making omelets early in the morning. However, he mostly works in the back cooking breakfast and lunch. He is also a 5-team leader who directs 4 full time staff.
· What time do you have to be here to open and prep food?
o Adam works from about 5:30-2:00, five days a week.
· Something you like about your job?
o Adam enjoys the benefits that come with working for UNL which allow him to take classes part-time through UNL and get tuition reimbursement. He also really enjoys all the people he works with.
· How many kids come in to eat during each meal period?
o Breakfast: 500-600, Lunch: 700-1000, Dinner: 1000-1200
· How many people work during each shift?
o Varies, but there are 32 full-time employees and over 50 part-time student workers.
· Where are you from?
o Adam is from Kearney, NE and has been in Lincoln for 9 years.
· What are your interests/hobbies outside of work?
o Adam loves anything outdoors such as hiking or just being in nature. He also has a passion for traveling, and he has been to 36 of the 50 states.
· Do you have a spouse and/or kids? / Are you a student?
o Adam is studying to get a degree in Environmental Studies and Political Science, and his wife is a law student. Someday they hope to move to the east coast, and Adam can get a masters in environmental law and policy.