Meet Rod Flink, a supply clerk for Abel Sandoz
● What is your job?
○ Rod is the supply clerk for Abel Sandoz and is in charge of ordering some of the food.
● What are your hours?
○ His hours are pretty flexible and he typically works 7 am to 3:30 pm. His flexible hours help when he needs to do things like take grandchildren to school.
● What’s something you like about your job?
○ Rod really enjoys that his job keeps him busy. He has flexible hours and is always kept moving.
● How many people work during each shift?
○ There are more full-time employees during the morning shifts. More students work during the evening shifts, and fewer full-time employees work then.
● Where are you from?
○ Rod is from Dennison, Iowa but moved frequently and attended 11 schools throughout the Midwest.
● What path led you to work at this dining hall?
○ Several members of his family worked in food service, and Rod has always leaned towards that.
● What are your interests/hobbies outside of work?
○ Rod spends a lot of his time doing projects for his kids and has helped with several house renovation projects. He also enjoys fishing when time allows.
● Do you have a spouse and/or kids?
○ He is married and has 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. All of his children have gone to college.