Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Ketchup with Joel Fogerty!

Meet Joel Fogerty, Dining Manager of CPN


  • What is your job?
    • “I coordinate all of the people and make sure things happen. Things like if the food is safe, if the food tastes good, the students are happy. Those are the main things.”
  • What time do you have to be here to open and prep food?
    • “It depends. Some days I come in at 6; some days I come in at 8; some days I come in at 11.”
  • How late do you stay after closing?
    • “It depends, some days I’ll leave at 5 and others I’ll be working 8-8.”
  • How long are the shifts?
    • “8-12 hours.”
  • Something you like about your job?
    • “I enjoy my co-workers and seeing smiling student faces.  I like my job, because I get to do everything; no two days are ever the same.”
  • How many kids come in to eat during each meal period?
    • “Breakfast: 550-650 Lunch: the same. Dinner: 700-900. Mondays and Wednesdays are busier.  They are over 900, it probably adds 100 students.”
  • How many people work during each shift?
    • “We have 27 people divided over 2 shifts (including Husker Heroes and Knoll). In addition, there’s about 5 or 6 students in the morning and lunch, then about 20 students during supper.”
  • Where are you from?
    • “I’m from Lincoln, Nebraska.  I’ve left a couple of times and made my way back because of family.”
  • What path led you to work at this dining hall?
    • “I have a degree in human nutrition, and am an ex-registered dietitian Before, I worked in hospitals. Working with sick people wasn’t fun and was emotionally challenging.  Younger students are fun and don’t die on you.”
  • What are your interests/hobbies outside of work?
    • “I like gardening. I also have a side-business/hobby where I buy and sell antiques and junk.”
  •  Do you have a spouse and/or kids? / Are you a student?
    • “I have a wife of 33 years and an adult son.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment