Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ketchup with Rhonda Alcorn!

Ketchup with Rhonda Alcorn from CPN! 
·        What is your job?
o   I am a dining service associate team leader. I am responsible for set-up, maintaining the specialty food bar (eg: stir fry), ensuring the safety of the food (temperature), putting the food in pans, supervising the students, and setting up the sandwich bar.
·        What time do you have to be here to open and prep food?
o   I’m here at 8, by ten thirty both bars have to be set up and ready to go.
·        How late do you stay after closing?
o   We close at two and I leave at 4:30.
·        How long are the shifts?
o   8-4:30, unless there is a special dinner like the GFL thanksgiving dinner.
·        Something you like about your job?
o   I love serving the students especially at CPN. I’m glad that we don’t have the market style and get to talk to the students. I love seeing the students. I have been doing this for 31 years and I absolutely love food service. I love working with food and making people happy.
·        Where are you from?
o   I’m originally from a small town in North-Central Kansas, but I’ve called Lincoln home since 1984.
·        What path led you to work at this dining hall?
o   I was originally hired at Harper in 1984, and started as a food tech. I loved the job and the position opened here as a team leader, then I applied and accepted it.  After time, I went back to Harper, then returned to CPN in 2012.  One of the reasons I came back here after leaving is because of Jane Wemhoff and Joel Fogerty, the managing staff.
·        What are your interests/hobbies outside of work?
o   I love crafting, playing piano, and gardening. My biggest thing is my family and my grandchildren, that’s the number one.
·        Do you have a spouse and/or kids? / Are you a student?
           o   I have three kids and a husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment