Meet Julie from Selleck!
· What is your job?
o Julie is the secretary for Selleck and when needed, she fills in as cashier.
· What time do you have to be here to open?
o The regular staff and cashier have to be here at 6 am to be ready to open by 6:45 am.
· How late do you stay after closing?
o The staff will stay 45 minutes after closing to clean up and put everything away.
· How long are the shifts?
o 8.5 Hours. Half an hour is an unpaid lunch break.
· What is something you like about your job?
o Julie said that she really enjoys working around the students.
· How many kids come in to eat during each meal period?
o Approximately 3600-3800 students per day come in to eat.
· How many people work during each shift?
o There are, on average, 31 people working during the day and 34 at night. At night 17 of the people working are students.
· Where are you from?
o Dannebrog, Nebraska
· What path led you to work at this dining hall?
o The job was posted online and Julie applied and got the job.
· What are your interests/hobbies outside of work?
o Julie enjoys reading and cooking outside of work. She likes to read mysteries and biographies.
· Do you have a spouse and/or kids?
o She has a husband and a daughter. Her daughter is a student at UNL.